Full Time | Keystone Medical, Holland, MI
As a KMS Medical Social worker (Palliative Care) Work as a member of the Interdisciplinary team to assist patients and families in managing the psychosocial, emotional and resource needs related to life limiting illnesses.
The days and hours of this position are M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Recent graduates are encourage to apply.
The KMS Social Worker (Palliative Care) salary for this position is $26.00-$33.50 an hr. with a sign on bonus. (Recent graduates are encouraged to apply but may start out at a lower rate.) In addition, you will receive a monthly cell phone stipend and mileage reimbursement.
Our office is located in Holland and our service area includes all of Allegan and Ottawa Counties and significant parts of Kent and Muskegon Counties as well as the northern portion of Van Buren County.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities for the KMS Social Worker (Palliative Care):
- Initiates contacts with all Keystone patients living in home or assisted living environments as well as other patients/families as identified by the interdisciplinary care team.
- Assessing the psychosocial status of patients/families/caregivers related to the patient’s terminal illness and environment. Participates in development, implementation, evaluation and updating of Interdisciplinary Care plan.
- Provides counseling and education for patients, families and community members regarding psychological, emotional and social aspects of life limiting illnesses.
- Assists patients and families in identifying and utilizing appropriate resources to meet environmental, financial, legal or psychological needs.
- Participates in goals of care discussions with patients/families as needed for patients identified as hospice appropriate.
- Assists with referral process and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Coordinates and facilitates Care Conferences.
- Documents all patient/family contact and activity in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
- Participates in community programs as requested to promote understanding of palliative care.
- Operates within parameters of Keystone Medical Services and state, federal and other regulatory requirements.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
All employees are required to comply with the policies and procedures of Hospice of Holland, Inc. and with all state, federal, and other regulatory requirements. They will also comply with confidentiality laws as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices as well as accepted professional standards and practice.
Job Qualifications for the KMS Social Worker (Palliative Care):
- Master’s degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education is required.
- 2+ years of Medical Social Work Experience preferred.
- Current Michigan Social Work licensure (LMSW) as a clinical social worker.
- Current Michigan driver’s license and available transportation.
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work proactively and be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work comfortably with clients of various cultural and spiritual backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of community resources.
The KMS Social Worker (Palliative Care) position is a full-time position with the following benefits:
- A 401k with match;
- 6 paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Continuing education funds
- Cell phone reimbursement.
Hospice of Holland is a non-profit organization deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients and their families. The KMS Social Worker (Palliative Care) plays a critical role in that mission with Hospice of Holland.